Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
This week's Teaser is from... Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer!
"'You have to choose.'
'He's right,' Ren said, looking past me to glare at Shay. 'Choose, Calla.'
'I won't choose,' I said. 'Not yet.'
Their hearts both skipped a beat in sync, revealing their shared uncertainty." (43)
*This quote was taken from an ARC copy. Any quotations should be compared to the finished copy*
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Favorite Books I Read in 2011
1. Divergent by Veronica Roth - I love the world Roth created when she wrote Divergent. I would love to be a Dauntless!
2. Delirium by Lauren Oliver - Oliver's writing is like reading poetry almost. I love the story she created in Delirium, with the idea of love being a disease!
3. Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs - This book is set in San Francisco and since I'm in the Bay Area I loved reading about the local place that I'm so familiar with!
4. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows - I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this book from HarperCollins and I just about died when it came! Jodi did NOT disappoint! This book is AMAZING!!
5. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - This was by far my favorite book of the year. Hodkin is an amazing writer and she kept me on the edge of my seat for the whole book!
6. The Maze Runner by James Dashner - I'm so disappointed in myself for taking so long to read this book! It was absolutely AMAZING!
7. Fever by Lauren DeStefano - I just finished this one last week, thanks to Sash, and it was crazy good!! I'm so excited that I got the chance to read this one before release. I loved Wither so much and Fever was just fabulous!
8. Matched by Ally Condie - I read Matched right when I was really getting into dystopians and it's actually the book my bff and I bonded over before we were really friends. So pretty much, Matched decided our destiny.
9. Blood Red Road by Moira Young - This was one of the first books I reviewed on my blog, and even though it took awhile to get into I really loved it! Young is an awesome writer and I ended up loving the lack of quotation marks and the western drawl!
10. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld - My bff is obsessed with this series so when she told me I had to read it I jumped at the chance! It had been sitting on my shelf for awhile, but I finally ended up reading it and now Scott Westerfeld is one of my favorite authors!